1. You should start your packing 4-6 weeks before your move date and plan carefully. Careful planning and packing will save you time, money and a lot of aggravation.
2. Please use strong cardboard boxes filled sensibly (not overly heavy) and taped up at the top and bottom. You can label these with the room they need to be put into in your new house or storage facility.
3. Dis-assemble any items of furniture that will need flat packing before the day. We can do this ourselves but cannot be held responsible for these items.
4. Wrap glass and chinaware in paper before packing into the boxes which should be lined with bubble wrap and label these boxes fragile. Pack plates on their side not flat, make sure the boxes are tightly packed (heaviest items on bottom) with any soft items in any spare space on top
5. Clothes can either be transported in a wardrobe box or a decent strong, box, bag or suit case (wrapped pictures and mirrors may be moved in the bottom of wardrobe boxes. )
6. Please try and wrap all and mirrors and pictures in paper first (to prevent paint sweating) and then bubble wrap slid into a flattened packing box or at least with cardboard covering the glass taped up. Mark these as fragile. Any glass table tops etc to be bubble wrapped and edges protected.
8. Pack an essentials box for items needed over the first couple of days
9. If it is wet weather on your move day please ensure cardboard or mats safely cover the carpet.
10.Make sure any flammable or hazardous products are left as they invalidate insurances.
Last but not least…Pack the kettle last! 😉